Oil Painting Canvas
Do you remember when you thought, it was just a canvas? Yeah, now, there is so much more to it now! And while I encourage everyone to experiment with various textures and styles of canvas, and I have done so as well, there is one that since I found it in 2014 I have no desire to paint on anything else.
The surface that I recommend are ready for you to begin oil painting right away – there is no need to “Prime the canvas” with Gesso because the surfaces I recommend are already Primed. I really don’t understand why anyone would want to stretch their own canvas anymore – you can get any size you want thanks to the internet! But never-the-less, while I’ve used many surfaces to paint on, there is only one product that I recommend overall for the following reasons:
- great storage.
- price points really good.
- framing options: you’ve got the option to frame or not to frame. The (?)
- shipping and handling of these are really easy.
- if you screw up make a mistake, you can just wipe it off.
So what’s this magic canvas?
This canvas that I recommend is the Ampersand Gessobord.
There are lots of choices! Canvas vs. Panel?
You are right, there are lots of other choices, and I do discuss each of the pros and cons in the course “Ultimate Oil Painting Supply Guide”. I recommend taking the course and using the handy pros and cons list so that you can choose which oil painting surface, canvas vs. panel, works best for your project.
The Ultimate Oil Painting Supply Guide is FULL of great tips and advice about oil painting supplies that too 2 decades to collect. Here is what you’ll learn:
- the difference between quality paint and cheap paint in how they perform.
- the difference between the palette options and why you would choose one over another.
- where to save your money and invest in quality supplies.
- the different types of painting surfaces; panels vs. canvas.
- what the value and purpose mediums and when to use them to make the paint perform differently (dry faster, slower, leave brush strokes etc.).
- the different types of brushes and how to care for them.
You’ll be provided with:
- 8 Instructional videos that detail the What, Why, and Hows of Oil Painting Supplies.
- 8 Downloadable ebooks to take with you to the art supply store or purchase the supplies from the comfort of your home.
- Closed Captioning is included in each video.
Please note: I am an affiliate with Amazon and Blick Art materials which means I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I only advocate products I believe in.
Ebook Includes the complete articles about
- What is the best brand of oil paints? and basic color palette?
- Which Oil Painting Medium Should I use and Why?
- Paint Brushes and Palette Knives; What to Buy?
- What Canvas Should I Use?
- What Easel Should I Use?
- Which Palette Should I Use?