Oil Painting Palettes
Did you know that you can store oil paint from one paint session to another in the refrigerator? It’s true, every single day, I pack up my palette and place it in the freezer so that the next day or three days from now I can still use the paint that I mixed from the previous paint session!
So that knowledge alone should make you think again about your palette selection. Add that knowledge plus what you learned from the post about “What is the Best Easel for Me”. Before we dive into recommendations, let’s figure out what you want first with 2 questions.
2 Key Questions to Ask BEFORE you purchase an Palette.
Below is a handy-dandy info graphic I created that provides helpful information about what palettes I recommend and why. You pick what is best for you! Included in the handy-dandy graphic is a link to my affiliate Blick Art Materials where I actually purchased these easels.
The Ultimate Oil Painting Supply Guide is FULL of great tips and advice about oil painting supplies that too 2 decades to collect. Here is what you’ll learn:
- the difference between quality paint and cheap paint in how they perform.
- the difference between the palette options and why you would choose one over another.
- where to save your money and invest in quality supplies.
- the different types of painting surfaces; panels vs. canvas.
- what the value and purpose mediums and when to use them to make the paint perform differently (dry faster, slower, leave brush strokes etc.).
- the different types of brushes and how to care for them.
You’ll be provided with:
- 8 Instructional videos that details the What, Why and Hows of Oil Painting Supplies.
- 8 Downloadable ebooks to take with you to the art supply store or purchase the supplies from the comfort of your home.
- Closed Captioning is included in each video.
Please note: I am an affiliate with Amazon and Blick Art materials which means I may receive commissions when you click my links and make purchases. However, this does not impact my reviews and comparisons. I only advocate products I believe in.
Don’t Miss some other great posts!!